Go Plant Limited and Go Plant Fleet Services Ltd reserve the right to collect and store usage information from our website to help us assess and improve the website content, design and navigation.
We may collect website usage from a number of sources, including our web server/service providers, or from URLs, IP addresses and Cookies passed to us when you enter our site.
In all cases, website usage information excludes any information that can be traced back to you, and is therefore treated as non-personal data under the terms of the General Data Protection Regulations.
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
2. What Data We Gather
We may collect the following information:
• name and job title
• contact information including email address
• demographic information (e.g. post codes, preferences etc..)
• website usage data
• information relevant to customer enquiries
• information relating to customer surveys
3. How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking for from our business, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use data:
• for our own internal records.
• to improve the products and services we provide.
• to contact you in response to a specific enquiry.
• to customise the website for you.
• to send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
• to send you promotional mailings or to call you about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
• to contact you via email, telephone or mail for market research reasons.
• to conduct customer satisfaction surveys.
4. Cookies and How We Use Them
What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
• analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
• identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site.
• test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
• store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
• to recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
5. Controlling Information About You
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you may see one or more tick boxes allowing you to:
• Opt-in to receive marketing communications from us by email, telephone, text message or post.
• Opt-in to receive marketing communications from our third-party partners by email, telephone, text message or post.
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily, via one of these methods:
• Sign in to our website and change your opt-in settings.
• Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Write to us at: Go Plant Limited/Go Plant Fleet Services Ltd, Leicester Road, Ibstock, Leicestershire L67 6HP.
We will never distribute, sell or pass your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the General Data Protection Regulations.
We will always hold your information securely.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the General Data Protection Regulations.
7. Links From Our Site
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the www.go-plant.co.uk domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Please read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.
This policy is updated from time to time.
If you have any questions about this policy, please email email@example.com or write to: Go Plant Limited/Go Plant Fleet Services Ltd, Leicester Road, Ibstock, Leicestershire LE67 6HP.
v1.0 May 2018